An update from Beatenburg, Switzerland from the Germany team of 2017 as the second week starts:
The team, upon all arriving in Landstuhl last week, settled in, fought the jetlag, got acquainted with each other, and prepared for the week to come. The weather in Landstuhl was pleasant, and the team was well off walking around town, or taking a quick drive, to get all the supplies and stops needed.
The team was able to participate in the TRC’s (Trinity Reformed Church) youth group, fellowship with host families, and an outing with several of the members as they welcomed the Wright family back to Landstuhl after they had been visiting the states.
The team then worked on obtaining the last of the supplies, helping prepare the programs, selecting Psalms to use for the sessions, and preparing the VBS sections further. Then, the next Sunday, the team set out in a van for Beatenburg, Switzerland.
The team arrived late Sunday evening, and spent the following Monday preparing for the first evening session that day. We explored classrooms, decorated rooms, and even had some down time later on to relax and mentally prepare.
- Pray for the rest of the week, as it will be spent in Beatenburg, Switzerland as we teach the VBS and Pastor Toby leads the adults sessions.
- Pray for the team’s endurance.
- Pray for open hearts for the children and adults who are apart of this camp.
- Pray for the TRC members who were unable to come due to work or other obligations as they continue to serve.
- Praise that God has been continually providing for this church, despite consistently losing members due to their military responsibilities, and pray for the family’s who will soon move away (mostly to the States).
Key verses for the week:
3 Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”